Thursday, October 4, 2007

October 4, 2007

Will this heat ever end? Ugh! With another hot day in the forecast for tomorrow, please make sure your children bring a water bottle to school with them. Tomorrow is also spirit day and our spirit walk. Students are encouraged to wear their class color. Second grade's class color is GREEN. Tomorrow will be a fun day, but don't forget that we have a spelling test. I am going to change the format of our spelling test a little. I want to be able to assess my student's handwriting and punctuation skills as well. After they have written all of their spelling words. They will have to write a sentence on the back using 3 of their spelling words. I will be looking for upper and lower case letters, spelling, handwriting, and punctuation. I am almost finished assessing our class in reading. Can you believe that interim reports come out next Friday? This year is quickly off and running. I have contacted a few of you about helping in my class. If you wanted to help regularly or even at times and I haven't sent you an email, please send me an email with the days and times you are available, and I will let you know if we can use you right now. I need parents to help run copies for me, read one on one with students, be available to help students doing seat work while I am working one on one with a student, do bulletin boards, or almost anything in between. Thank you all so very much for your support of the spirit walk. I'm not sure how much our class collected, but it seemed like a lot. PTA is who provided our SMARTBOARD, they are very kind to us in this building. We are lucky to have WONDERFUL parents like you to make our building great!

Mr. Smith


No comments: